Advanced Auricular Medicine
Aug 21-24, 2020
Tom Corbin Ph.D. L.Ac.
Dr. Tom Corbin graduated from the Community School of Traditional Chinese Health Care in 1995 and licensed to practice acupuncture for more than 20 years. He also received advanced acupuncture training from Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and a Ph.D. in Integrative Medicine from Open International University for Complementary Medicine affiliated with Medicina Alternativa.
Dr. Corbin has taught auricular and body acupuncture courses in ATOM since 1999 and worked as acupuncturist in the Veterans Administration Medical Center in West Palm Beach since 1998. He specializes in auricular medicine, vibrational and functional medicine. Dr. Corbin also participated in acupuncture research for the treatment of hepatitis, peripheral neuropathy and osteoarthritis.
Dr. Corbin’s Advanced Auricular Medicine course concentrates on acquainting the participants with the basic skills to use advanced techniques and devices to enhance their clinical outcomes whether they use auricular therapy as an adjunct or primary therapy. In addition, the latest advances in the modality are demonstrated as well as clinical protocols for most of the common pathologies treated by acupuncturists. The course also introduces Auricular Medicine as an advanced technique known for both treatment and diagnostic effectiveness.
Course objectives are follows:
- To acquaint participants with the most researched and advanced auricular locations to improve clinical outcomes.
- To familiarize attendees with protocols used in auricular therapy as both a singular modality as well as an adjunct therapy useful in any clinical case.
- Gain knowledge of the reasoning behind which of the most common auricular stimulation techniques to use and to gain familiarity with them thru practice.
- Develop clinical skills in the utilization of auricular devices that include electro auricular point localization and stimulation, low level laser stimulation and practice of the Vascular Autonomic Signal.
- Develop ways to analyze hindrances (blockages) to treatment effectiveness and develop ways to gain effective treatment outcomes.
- Practice with auricular protocols that have demonstrated success treating common clinical presentations.
Dr. Corbin’s Advanced Auricular Medicine course teaches not only the common auricular therapies according to Chinese and Germen theories, but also auricular medicine, a highly sophisticated assessment system using ear as a medium to facilitate healing with functional and vibrational medical approaches. Students benefit from the course by obtaining first-hand knowledge of this advanced healing system and applying learned techniques in their clinics right away.
“Dr. Corbin presented his years of experience in an understandable manner. Although he is so advanced, he knows how to communicate with others, no matter what level they are in.”
“Dr. Corbin is fantastic! Too bad we didn’t have more time to go over rest of the material! Superb! Thank you!”
“I really enjoyed the course and looking forward to applying the auricular techniques I learned in class to my future patients.”